- My name is Ruth.
- I am a Kiwi (New Zealander),who was born in Australia, has New Zealand, Australian, American, German, Irish, Scottish, and English ancestry and then really mixed it up for my kids by marrying a Dutchman!
- I’m over 40…(not that I’m shy to admit the exact figure….I’d just have to keep remembering to update it and I’d rather use my brain cells for something else. )
- I’m married to an amazing guy who loves me faithfully, even when I don’t deserve it!
- I have 5 energetic, creative, amazing kids, (with a 15 year age gap) who drive me crazy at times but who I learn so much from every day.
- I have red hair.
- I love reading…(I was banned from reading on my bike when I was caught once…true story)
- I cannot answer a text with one word…I cannot write an email which doesn’t contain a greeting or a pleasant salutation at the end…and I suspect my blog posts will reflect this…I will endeavour to practice brevity. (Does anyone else see the irony in this bullet-point?)
- I love God. I love my Saviour, Jesus Christ, and I depend daily on His Holy Spirit.
The Real Imperfect Me:
- I am a potent mix of contradictions.
- I am a closet extrovert/outgoing introvert. I think deeply and love logic but rely way too heavily on emotions for my own good. I care about people, both about their feelings and about what they think of me. I also value objective truth deeply and I am not willing to set aside the things I believe easily. I love the people around me and yet, there are aspects of my mixed-up, very imperfect personality which deeply hurt them at times. My desire is to “glorify God and enjoy Him forever” but I am so aware that who I am and what I do falls so far short of that desire. PRAISE GOD that I am Graciously Redeemed!
- I am Graciously Redeemed.
- I love searching garage sales, op shops and other places.I find the things that others have set aside and discarded. Where others see brokenness and hopelessness, I see potential. As I buy these items, making them my own, I often have a vision of what they can become. Over time, with work and care, they are transformed into pieces which I love and which can be a blessing to others. As I work, I ponder the work God does in those He redeems in Christ Jesus. I have fallen so far from what I was created to be. Even as I recognise the wonderful, unique person He made me to be I see the ways I misuse that, the ways I hurt others and use all He has made me to be for my own purposes. God saw me in my brokenness and through Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross He redeemed me (or bought me back), making me His own. He has begun a work in me which He promises to complete, making me beautiful and perfect, in His time and in His way. As I am transformed I can be a blessing to others and bring glory to Him. God does this because He loves me, not because of anything I have done…Graciously Redeemed and perfectly finished in Christ Jesus, the one who makes all these things possible.
- Life and Blogging.
- My life, and by reflection, this blog, is the ongoing process of God’s work in revealing Himself and His plans and purposes to me through His Word (the Big Picture) and His Holy Spirit’s work of applying those truths to slowly but surely change my heart, my mind and, as a result, my actions so that I am more and more like Jesus, my Saviour, the woman He created me to be.
I hope you will enjoy, and be blessed by, walking alongside me in this journey God is taking me on. May my imperfect reflection of all God has done, and is doing, for me and in me encourage you to press on in your own journey to be all God has created you to be too.